Approved Schooling Shows
DVCTA has sanctioned schooling shows at the following five farms in lieu of holding separate schooling shows: Blue Goose Stable, DunMovin Farm, Second Nature Farm, Bally Vae Farm, and Straight Forward Dressage. For full list of show dates, please see below.
DVCTA will be running a Championship Show on October 22, 2017, at Blue Goose Stable. Results from any DVCTA sanctioned schooling show held between December 1, 2016 and October 1, 2017, will qualify for the Championship Show and for year-end awards. Riders must be members of DVCTA prior to earning scores. Riders may also receive volunteer hours from each of these shows. Show management will record all DVCTA volunteer hours and forward them to the volunteer committee chair. Remember you will need eight volunteer hours to qualify for awards. Please let each show management know if you would like to volunteer!
DVCTA Sanctioned Schooling Show – Year End Awards
Riders may also receive volunteer hours from each of these shows. Show management will record all DVCTA volunteer hours and forward them to the volunteer committee chair. Remember you will need eight volunteer hours to qualify for awards. Please let each show management know if you would like to volunteer!
1. Awards will be offered at the following divisions/levels: Introductory, Training, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Freestyle, and FEI.
2. Each horse and rider combination may earn scores from shows held at Second Nature, Blue Goose, Dunmovin, and Straight Forward Dressage (including the Snowflake Series).
3. All scores submitted must be a 58 or higher.
4. Rider must have 8 volunteer hours earned in 2017.
Other divisions may be added with approval from the DVCTA Awards Committee, contact Sara Gartland at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Click here for printable information sheet about the DVCTA Sanctioned Schooling Shows.
DVCTA Approved Show Dates
Blue Goose Stable
Cochranville, PA www.bluegoosestable.com
- April 22, 2017
- May 6, 2017
- June 24, 2017
- July 15, 2017
- August 5, 2017
- September 2, 2017
- October 7, 2017
- October 22, 2017 – DVCTA Harvestfest Championship Show
- November 11, 2017
- December 2, 2017
West Chester, PA www.dunmovin.net
- January 7, 2017
- February 4, 2017
- March 11, 2017
- April 15, 2017
- May 13, 2017
- June 10, 2017
- July 29, 2017
- August 19, 2017
- October 28, 2017
- November 18, 2017
Second Nature Farm
Oxford, PA www.secondnaturefarms.com
- April 21, 2017
- May 19, 2017
- June 16, 2017
- July 21, 2017
- August 18, 2017
- September 15, 2017
- October 20, 2017
- November 24, 2017 – Championship Show
www.secondnaturefarms.com or Kathy King 610-742-8310 for more information.
Straight Forward Dressage
Glenmoore, PA www.straightforwarddressage.com
- June 18, 2017
- July 23, 2017
- August 27, 2017
- October 21, 2017
Bally Vae Farm
Lincoln University, PA www.ballyvaefarm.com
- April 23, 2017
- August 12, 2017
- September 9, 2017
- October 21, 2017
Requirements for Hosting a DVCTA Approved Show
(and having it listed on DVCTA website)
- Manager / Farm Owner must be DVCTA member. (Please check your membership status!)
- Warmup must be adequate and on footing, not grass. Ideally should be same footing as competition ring. Scheduling in-ring “warmup breaks” between rides is acceptable for winter shows.
- Dressage show tests (ie not HT or CT) must be ridden in large ring.
- Dressage Judge must be L graduate or better.
- Test results must be posted online (on the farm’s own site) promptly after show and remain available through end of year for awards verification.
- Show must accept DVCTA volunteers and provide summary of volunteer hours to volunteer chair at email@example.com. (DVCTA volunteers are responsible for notifying them that they expect credit.)