DVCTA Scholarship Criteria
New for 2016: DVCTA is Offering Ten $100 Scholarships to Support Member Education
Want to attend a clinic, symposium, or educational forum? DVCTA can help!
DVCTA has set aside funds each year for TEN scholarships to promote education while rewarding DVCTA members who support the organization through their active participation and loyal volunteerism. Scholarships may be used to defray the cost of attending or participating in dressage or jumping educational events. Members of any riding level are encouraged to apply. DVCTA also offers grants to support judges’ education through the dedicated support of the Marilyn O. Heath Judges Education fund.
Please complete the scholarship application form and email to Susan Springsteen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicant must be a DVCTA member in good standing for a minimum of 2 years at the time of application.
- An individual may receive a scholarship no more than once every 12 months.
- A minimum of 8 hours of volunteer service within the previous 12 month period.
- Funds must be used for specifically stated objectives (i.e. clinic, riding camp, seminar, etc.) Scholarship money may not be used for regular lesson programs, tack, clothing, or show expenses. The applicant must complete the DVCTA Scholarship Application prior to the event and send it to the committee chair, Susan Springsteen at the email address below.
- The applicant must write an account of the experience and submit it for publication on the DVCTA website, e-news and Facebook page. This must be submitted within 60 days of the event or the scholarship is void. The check for the scholarship is issued after the article is published.
- The maximum amount of scholarship money to be awarded per person per year is the lesser of $100.00 or 75% of the cost of the event.
- Approval of the Scholarship is made by the Scholarship Committee based on applicant eligibility and information provided in the application. All Scholarship Committee decisions are final. Scholarship Committee members may submit applications for a scholarship but may not vote on its approval.
For more information, please contact Susan Springsteen at email@example.com.